Tuesday 5 April 2016

CHARACTER WORK: Hip-Hop & Shakespeare? Akala at TEDxAldeburgh



Reaction

After watching this video I feel like I am more connected to the work of Shakespeare as it put the iambic pentameter into a context that I am familiar with. Though I have always enjoyed reading Shakespeare's plays in the past due to the sheer poetic and rich language he uses in every play, I feel that now putting into a modern context, to music that is around now allows the youth to have a deeper understanding of the art that is Shakespeare's writing. 

In reference to how this has affected my character, I find it much easier to read the text, and find the rhythm and emphasise in my speeches that are longer. I feel like even the princess of France could be a grime artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment